Monday, September 8, 2014

Happy 5 Years to Renee Austin

         It feels like yesterday we had our Grand Opening down here at 442 bridge street. I remember thinking five years felt like an eternity to get to, and here we are... celebrating a huge milestone for our business. First and foremost, thank you to all of our lovely customers who have helped us to this success. Most of you don't know Renee Austin's story and I'd love to share how we came to where we are today... I was a 23 year old girl, just 10 months out of college and I was going to go after my dream. My dream of owning my own boutique, because didn't every girl want that? It smelled of fresh paint, and newly purchased IKEA furniture in there. All of my family and friends joined us at the opening party and I was ready to embark on the journey. Well.. nobody told me owning a business was going to be so hard. Ha! That first year there were days I floated around my pretty store hoping, just hoping someone would walk through the door. And then there were other days where I was swarming around with a ton of brides, thinking in the back of my mind, that it was all going to be okay and this was exactly where I needed to be. Years 2-4 seem like a blur in the sense that the store was growing and I was trying to keep up with the growth, finding our specialty, hiring new staff, expanding into new space,  etc. That brings us to this past year which I think I have learned the most and grew the most as an individual and small business owner. We have the best team at Renee Austin, and it's the staff that deserves the credit in this success.
          This past Friday we had our #reneeaustinturnsfive celebration with family and friends and I had the entire day to reflect on this journey. I was humbled by the congratulations and well wishes received through out the day. Looking around the party, I saw the same friends and family who helped me start this dream. Also new friends gained that I am forever grateful for. Maya Angelou said, "Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it." I'm 28 now, married and a new mom ready to tackle the next five living by this quote.. Cheers!
instagram.com/reneeaustinwedding
instagram.com/maggietor
facebook.com/reneeaustinwedding

No comments:

Post a Comment